Job Advert: Secretarial Assistant to Senator Marie Sherlock
04 August 2021
We're Hiring: Join Marie's Team in Dublin Central!
Do you have a good eye for detail, a head for organisation and casework, and a passion for our communities in Dublin Central? We are hiring!
Details of the role are below. It’s a part time position based in Leinster House - ideally Monday to Friday half days (mornings).
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions ahead of applying. The deadline is Tuesday 31st August.
This is an exciting role at the heart of Irish politics. You will work closely with Marie on a wide range of issues, supporting her work on everything from local issues to national policy.
You will be a key member of Marie’s team. This is a role for a problem-solver; someone who cares about improving people’s lives and communities, who can manage a busy diary, and who has no hesitation in picking up the phone to get to the heart of an issue.
We are looking for a candidate who can keep Marie’ office focused, organised and on-track to deliver real results for her constituents.
Key duties include:
- Taking charge of constituency casework: managing individual and community issues including housing, social welfare, employment, planning and transport.
- Helping to draft press releases, letters and social media posts.
- Representing Marie at meetings with constituents, community organisations and advocacy groups.
- Briefing Marie on media, political and community developments.
- Organising and running public events for Marie and the Labour Party in Dublin Central.
- Researching issues of local and national importance.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Feels comfortable and confident dealing with members of the public who need our help.
- Has strong writing and research skills and can work to a tight deadline.
- Has good computer skills and an eagerness to learn new systems and tools.
- Has an excellent eye for detail and can summarise complex information.
- Understands the issues facing communities in Dublin Central .
- Believes in building a fairer, more equal Ireland.
Experience in a similar role is welcome but not essential.
Pay is per the Houses of the Oireachtas scale for Secretarial Assistants. The starting point of the scale (part-time) is €12,211 per annum with pension entitlements accruing, but a person may be entitled to start on a higher point of the scale depending on their previous work experience.
If interested, send us a cover letter stating your interest and suitability for the role plus a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is Tuesday 31st August.